Before you start looking for a home you should ask yourself a few questions.
Where do you want to live? Do you want to be close to schools, shopping, or work?
What kind of house would you like (need)? Are you looking for a particular style? How many bedrooms and bathrooms do you want? Do you want a yard?
How much house can you afford? Have you consulted a Realtor or mortgage lender to determine the size of the mortgage you would qualify for?
Here are a few tips to help you get organized:
- Go to www.greenridge.com to view listings and virtual tours of all the currently available properties in Central and West Michigan. This will give you a good feel for the types of home that are on the market and what they cost.
- Get pre-qualified so you know the approximate price range you can afford.
- Pull a credit report on yourself and make sure the information is accurate. If you find any errors take steps to correct them immediately.
- Browse through real estate advertisements in the newspaper
- Visit open houses.. It doesn't cost anything to look, and looking at a few different homes might give you some ideas for things you'd like in a house but haven't considered.
- Start saving money - you'll need to have cash on hand for a down payment and closing costs.
- Don't incur any additional debt. Pay down your credit cards - and don't apply for any new ones. Don't make any major purchases on credit - buy the furniture or car later.
- Contact Greenridge Realty, Inc. for all your real estate needs! 1-800-477-1657 or 1-616-074-6104. You may also e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Why you should work with a Greenridge Associate
Working with a professional Realtor to buy your home is a good idea for several reasons:
- We'll analyze your financial situation to help you determine how much you can afford.
- We are there every step of the way.
- We can show you all properties you want to see.
- We're familiar with the process of buying a home and can explain things to you.
- We'll help you complete all the necessary paperwork when it comes time to make an offer.
- We'll help you arrange financing through Greenridge Mortgage.
- We'll be there at closing to answer your questions and make sure everything runs smooth.
Choosing a Greenridge Associate
Searching for your dream home can be a time consuming experience. Working with one of our associates will make the process much more efficient. It is important to choose an associate you feel comfortable with, and one who is responsive to your needs. The following questions will help you decide which associate is right for you:
- Do they return your phone calls?
- Do they ask you questions to determine what you want/need in a house?
- Do they perform a financial analysis to help you determine how much you can afford?
- Do they explain things clearly?
- Do they suggest financing methods?
- Do they seem knowledgeable about the community?
- Do you feel comfortable spending time with them?
If the answer to most of these questions is "Yes" - you've found yourself a great associate.
If you would like assistance in finding an associate please click on this link www.greenridge.com/agent/assistance.asp